Community Cats Maryland is a very small organization, and has only been up and running since 2009. We’re dedicated to offering hands-on help and advice to Maryland feral cat caretakers interested in doing trap-neuter-return. We have a great need for volunteers to help us continue our mission--for most volunteer "jobs," absolutely no experience is necessary, and time commitments are very flexible! We’d be thrilled if you’d be willing to just give an hour or two of your time each month.
One of our greatest volunteer needs is volunteer trappers. For more information on those specialized positions, see the links at left.
Some of our ongoing volunteer opportunities are listed below. You can also see our current volunteer listings on VolunteerMatch.org.
- Helping to trap feral cats
- Feeding cats and cleaning their traps before and after spay/neuter clinics
- Spay/neuter clinic helpers
- Building simple outdoor cat shelters to give to low-income cat caretakers
- Visiting feral cat caretakers to check out a potential trapping site
- Helping neighbors of feral cat caretakers humanely deter cats from areas where they’re not wanted
- Responding to emails and voicemails requesting information on CCMD programs
- Sending out follow-up mailings to people who called for help, with brochures and other info
- Temporarily feeding feral cats for caretakers who are ill or out of town
- Transporting cats to and from clinics for residents with small/no cars
- Helping to organize a feral cat food bank program
- Sewing covers for traps
- Fostering feral kittens to socialize them for adoption
- Helping to clean/sanitize traps after trapping projects
- Data entry
- Helping to clean and disinfect traps after spay/neuter clinics
If you’d like to help in any capacity, big or small, please fill out the volunteer interest form below. If you have a particular skill that isn't listed above, let us know and we'll find a way to put you to work!
Thanks for helping us to help others!