Before contacting a rescue group or sanctuary, we recommend reading these links:
- How to get help from a rescue group (Feline Rescue Association)
- What to do if you find a stray cat (Feline Rescue Association)
- Rehoming your cat (Feline Rescue Association)
- Safe relocation of feral cats (Alley Cat Allies)
- Relocation (Neighborhood Cats)
Download a list (PDF or Excel spreadsheet) of local cat rescues from the Feline Rescue Association. This list is not exhaustive, but includes most of the active groups in the area. You can also view a list of Maryland shelters/rescues from Petfinder.com.
A list of cat sanctuaries (places that will take and keep your cat, for a fee) is below. Please call or email the organizations for current information on admissions requirements and fees. And please always visit a sanctuary yourself before sending your cat there, to see first-hand the type of care the cats receive.
- Rikki's Refuge Animal Sanctuary
- Rude Ranch Animal Rescue
- The Best Little Cat House in PA
- Potomac Stray Cat Rescue Sanctuary
- Tabby's Place
- Animal Rescue Inc.
New Freedom, PA
- The Good Shepherd Cat Sanctuary